Thursday, March 24, 2011

Wondercon

Last year's Wondercon was perhaps the best 4 days of my life.

No. Not perhaps. I can think of no more magical experience; no other time I would rather relive again.

But the past is past and the future is all that matters now. I hope that this year is even better in as many ways as the future can muster for me. And you can be a part of it!

Please come to see me on Saturday and Sunday (I'm arriving late Friday) 4/2 and 4/3 at table SP53 in the small press area. I will be sharing a table with Jules Rivera (If you are a listener to Ninja Mountain you may have heard me praising her "Marsh Rocket" web comic, which is well worth a read). I'll be doing lots of things:

1) Promoting my upcoming Graphic Novel "World War Kaiju", which I'm doing in conjuction with the new and soon-to-be-awesome Glitchwork publishing. The creator is Josh Finney (of Titanium Rain fame) and is co-written by Josh and Mike Colbert. Josh's lovely wife Kat Rocha also contributed a lot of creature design. WWK (as we affectionately call it) is the story of an alternate 20th century, where instead of the nuclear bomb, the great super weapon invented in World War II was the Giant Monster. The Kaiju! And now it's the middle of the cold war in the 1970s, where every major country has it's own arsenal of marauding monsters. It's funny, it's action-packed and it's very, very unique. See previews, designs, and hear me expound upon it at interminable length!

2) Releasing a new poster: The H.P. Lovecraft Rules of Survival! If you find yourself in a Lovecraft story, how will you survive with both your life and sanity intact? This poster tells you everything you'll need to know! Text by Josh Finney, and 9 original Lovecraft-inspired pictures by me. If you liked my "Uncle Cthulhu" poster from Boom! Studios, or my Call of Cthulhu cards, I am completely certain you'll LOVE this one.

3) Selling the Starkweather Immortal hardcover. My 160 page graphic novel of modern fantasy, intrigue, witchcraft, and foul-mouth talking lizards. Of course as is my tradition, with each copy you will get one piece of the original art from the series! And a sketch in the book if you play your cards right...

4) Convention sketches. Buy one!! Anything you want at popular prices. Be the first kid on your block to have an original McEvoy scribble!

5) Prints and postcards! Be the most awesome person on your block and display your McEvoy paraphernalia and/or ephemera proudly!

6) Most importantly: I'll be offering a World War Kaiju postcard, and all proceeds will be donated to Doctors Without Borders, who are currently doing such good work in Japan to help alleviate suffering. This is a very important thing, and I hope you will be good enough to generously donate. The cost is only $1.00 per card (a bargain!) but ANY amount will be gratefully accepted. And yes, 100% of the proceeds will go to this important charity. The cards will be available at both my table and Kat & Josh's Glitchwerk table. Buy lots - it's for a great cause.


OK! That's it for now. I really hope to see you there, just to say "hi". If you're at Wondercon please just stop by and let me know you read the blog or listen to Ninja Mountain. I'll be glad you did. :)

2 comments:

Lord Shaper said...

I wish I could come along and say hello in person!

One day I'll make it there.

Also any stuff you want to pimp you know you just need to drop me an email!

Patrick McEvoy said...

Wish you could make it over here! WonderCon is one heck of a good experience, and it's only getting bigger and better each year.

Oh, and happy birthday!

I'll send an email about the pimpage tomorrow morning, thanks for the offer, Damian. ;)